Get the Conversation Started
Studies show that parents are the biggest influencers of their child’s decision making. The best way to have an impact on your children’s choices is to know what choices they’re making…and that comes from conversations in your family and in your community. Take advantage of these parent resources which will offer techniques to keep the dialogue open and reinforce healthy messages with your kids.
We’ve developed a series of videos relating to drug use and sexuality. They are intended to be a resource and provide some insight on how to discuss sensitive subjects with your child. Choose the category below and follow the link to the complete series.
- Puberty Ages, 9-11
- Body Image and Sexual Bullying, Ages 11-13
- Sexual Behavior: Choices and Risks, Ages 12-14
- How Not To Talk To Your Kids
Studies show that 90% of addiction starts in the teen years and 50% can be avoided by ongoing conversation about drugs with a trusted adult. Here are the facts that can help you with your discussion.
- Teens Talk About Prescription Drug Abuse
- Power of Parental Conversations
- The Teen Brain and Substance Abuse