Body Trek is a popular one or two-week journey of exploration for students entering grades 6-8. The camp includes real hands-on dissections, special guest visits, and excursions to exciting places such as a hospital operating room. Additionally, students learn how to engage in effective team efforts and cultivate life-long leadership qualities.
Hinsdale location: June 13th - 23rd
Homan Square location: June 27th - July 1st
Naperville location: July 11th-21st
Register for Hinsdale
Register for Naperville
There won’t be an online registration option for Homan Square Body Trek. For more information about Body Trek at Homan Square, please contact Dr. David Bedney.
Body Trek may include:
- Dissection of animal specimens, such as a heart or lung
- Guest speakers who may include cardiologists, nurses, surgeons and other healthcare professionals
- Hands on field trips
- Small group activities that bring the content to life and ensure fun camp dynamics
- Campers work in groups to create health skits focusing in on specific fields of health
- A chance to grow into a future leadership position within a future camp
- Closing ceremony for parents and friends featuring the students in the “Odyssey of the Body”
Who should attend: The Robert Crown Center Body Trek Summer Science Camp is for curious students entering grades 6-8 looking for a unique summer experience. Many students are interested in a career in the nursing, medical or science field; others are looking for a one-of-a-kind camp experience. All are encouraged to take the voyage through Body Trek.
Junior Counselors: high school students who have attended in the past or those with leadership skills. If a student is interested in serving as a Junior Counselor they may contact Dr. David Bedney or Lance Williams to schedule a phone interview. Junior Counselors attend camp at a reduced fee.
The Educators: Body Trek is taught by the Robert Crown Center’s team of educators, a dedicated group of dynamic professionals, comprised of doctors, nurses, teachers and curriculum & technology specialists.
Educational Standards: Body Trek meets numerous CDC National Health Education Standards and ISBE learning standards.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- Oscar Wilde
Join our amazing and energetic team of
Robert Crown Center health educators for the
2015 HAPPY TO BE ME!
SUMMER CAMP FOR GIRLS
at the Robert Crown Center, 21 Salt Creek Lane, Hinsdale
For students entering 6th-7th grades, August 1st-5th, 12:30-4 pm
What makes you happy?
Find out! This active and fun-filled journey will teach:
- How our brains serve and guide us toward unique interests and choices
- How to manage stress and build our happiness quotient through exercise, nutrition, and mindfulness
- How to communicate positively to oneself and others and to appreciate our differences
We will be moving, laughing and learning with games, art and guest speakers.
Join us in this unique experience!
Registration is now open.
For more information, email Laura Crowley
OR call 630-325-1900 x 214