Every member of the RCC team has a special role to positively impact children through their everyday efforts, regardless of whether they serve primarily in the classroom or the boardroom. RCC promotes a healthy, professional, and collaborative work environment where everyone’s voice is heard and ownership is shared amongst the team. The staff is responsible for upholding the mission, vision and core values of the organization by establishing and achieving strategic goals. Collaboration among community members and schools is highly encouraged in order to implement the shared vision of the team.
RCC is committed to a fair and ethical workplace. In exchange for commitment to shared objectives, we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an opportunity to do creative and meaningful work. Please submit all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Manager of Special Events and Annual Giving (Part-Time)
The Manager of Special Events and Annual Giving is part of the RCC Leadership Team. The Leadership Team is responsible for upholding the mission, vision and core values of the organization by establishing and achieving strategic and financial goals. The Manager of Special Events and Annual Giving oversees all fundraising and cultivation events and builds relationships with individual donors and prospects to maximize financial donations to help Robert Crown Center for Health Education to achieve its goals.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week. Hours and days may vary based on the needs of the organization.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage all aspects of various fundraising events as required such as:
- Plan and execute event logistics including creation of new events
- Project manage and maintain files for all event
- Manage event budget and maintain accounting of income and expenses to maximize revenue
- Work with external suppliers, committees, staff and board to maximize engagement and cultivate relationships
- Solicit sponsorships and auction items
- Coordinate event marketing, promotions and updated web content with the Marketing Consultant
- Evaluate each event against key indicators of success
- Manage a successful annual giving program for low and mid-level donors
- Steward donors with effective outreach
- Execute fundraising mailings and
- Updating and analyzing donor data
- Advance individual donor relationships by identifying large gift prospects and planning and executing donor cultivation strategies
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing other duties as assigned,
- Occasional non-traditional work hours may be required.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Professional experience in a nonprofit organization and demonstrated success in a special events function or event planning within an organization or association
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of volunteers and build long-term relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to interact with staff, board members, clients and community members
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, manage complex projects and complete work on deadlines
Educational & Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years’ experience in nonprofit development and marketing required
- Previous nonprofit event management required.
- Annual fund experience preferred
Please submit resumes and cover letters o firstname.lastname@example.org.