Science Behind Drugs:
Interactive Graphic Novels
RCC’s Science Behind Drugs (SBD) Interactive Graphic Novels have been developed to assist teachers in their classrooms. Highlights include:
- Enhances your current substance abuse prevention lessons
- Additional information on addiction and neurological development
- Engaging storytelling format
- Easy to access
- Delivered in one 45 minute class period
- Students may complete the module independently, audio available if preferred.
Alcohol & Marijuana
Students follow the story of young people their age as they face difficult decisions involving the use of alcohol and marijuana. This interactive graphic novel, shows students addiction as a disease and identifies the impact of alcohol and marijuana on adolescent brain development and the body.
Watch a demo of the interactive software:
Students follow the story of young people their age as they face difficult decisions involving the use of prescription pain medication, heroin and understanding addiction as a disease. They will see the connection between prescription opioid abuse, heroin use and the impact of opioid abuse on adolescent brain development and body.
Hear what students have to say about the resources: