Illustrating how heroin use and opioid pain pill abuse affects adolescent brain development and health, these resources provides teachers with materials to better educate students on this complex topic. In an interactive, online learning space, it teaches addiction science, incorporating social-emotional learning concepts proven to increase resistance skills.
All materials — lesson plans, presentations, worksheets/handouts, interactive software — are easily accessible through the learning management system.
1. Recognize addiction as a disease and heroin as a public health crisis
2. Define opioid and understand the connection between opioid abuse and heroin use
3. Determine the impact of opioids and heroin on adolescent brain development and health
4. Analyze personal risk of addiction and know preventative skills
5. Develop strategies for healthy conversation with adults and peers
For more information or to assess how this resource would work within your curriculum, please email: email@example.com.