These resources provides teachers with the materials necessary to help educate students on this complex topic. Students learn about adolescent brain development and how it is impacted by the use of marijuana and alcohol in the short and long term. It illustrates how substance use affects decision making and provides healthy coping skills for combating peer pressure and stress.
All materials — lesson plans, presentations, worksheets/handouts, interactive software — are easily accessible through the learning management system. Teacher training may be performed online or in-person. Parent presentations may be offered in-person or by webinar.
1. Understand addiction as a disease
2. Determine the impact of alcohol and marijuana on adolescent brain development and body
3. Understand cultural and political trends in alcohol and marijuana use
4. Analyze personal risk of addiction and know preventative skills
5. Develop coping strategies and skills
For more information or to assess how this resource would work within your curriculum, please email: email@example.com.